A light and tangy combination of watermelon, tomato and mint creating a delicious combination of flavors. While the melon should be chilled, the other ingredients are their most flavorful at room temperature, so combine the salad just before serving.
Watermelon, Tomato and Feta Salad
- 1 (2 kg) chilled seedless watermelon, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 3 tomatoes (preferably green or orange), seeded and cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced (a red onion can be used)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (or a crumbly white cheese of your choice)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch coarse salt, or to taste
- 1 pinch ground black pepper, or to taste
Gently toss the watermelon, tomatoes, onion and feta cheese together in a large bowl.
Whisk olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper together in small bowl; drizzle over salad and gently toss to coat. Add chopped fresh mint.
Serve as a side dish or with fresh crusty bread as a light snack.