Health Minister Fahrettin Koca announced the latest COVID-19 figures for Turkey on Sunday evening:
– The daily coronavirus test numbers have reached 20,000
– Some 20,065 tests were conducted on Sunday, and the number of overall tests carried out so far reached 181,445.
– The number of fatalities rose to 574 after 73 people died in the past 24 hours
– The total number of confirmed coronavirus cases stands at 27,069 as 3,135 more people tested positive for the virus in a day
– So far, 1,042 patients have recovered and been discharged from hospitals
– 1,381 patients are currently receiving treatment in intensive care
Turkey to deliver 5 free masks a week to each citizen
Turkey has started distributing free face masks to citizens to stem the spread of COVID-19 in the country.
Citizens can apply for free masks through the country’s postal services’ website via this link:
Masks will be delivered to citizens free of charge with PTT cargo .
Every citizen, except those aged 20 or under, and 65 or older, can apply for five free masks weekly.
Ministry sends out circular for welfare of street animals
The Ministry of Internal Affairs has sent a new circular to 81 Provincial Governorships asking them to make sure street animals, who are having difficulty finding food due to the coronavirus outbreak, are regularly fed and watered as well as making sure their habitats are regularly disinfected.
Questions and Answers on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Updated 6 April 2020
What to do if you think have Coronavirus
ESNAF section updated – 6 April 2020
There are now 1,289,820 confirmed cases of COVID-19 globally, of which 272,115 have recovered. The number of fatalities stands at 70,625.
Follow Fethiye Times on social media for regular updates.
Today’s featured image: “Naval Gun Ships in Quarantine” by Lyn Ward