Coronavirus cases in Turkey jump to 3,629 and the death toll now stands at 75 in Turkey.
Health Minister, Fahrettin Koca once again urged all the citizens to take precautions, underlining the importance of living with zero risks and staying at home.
Turkey heads toward critical phase in virus outbreak
The next two weeks will be do or die for Turkey as experts warn that the country will enter a critical stage regarding the COVID-19 outbreak in which deaths and cases could peak if measures aren’t followed
Millions of Britons clap for carers on coronavirus frontline
At 8pm on Thursday, as darkness fell across the UK, millions of people stood at their front doors and open windows, in gardens and on balconies, to raise a thunder of gratitude for those working on the frontline of the fight against coronavirus.
Bodrum reports cases of Covid-19
Ahmet Aras, the mayor of Bodrum, addressed citizens in a live broadcast on social media yesterday confirming there are positive cases of Covid-19 in Bodrum.
Stating that the number of cases in Bodrum, are increasing, Aras said:
* The situation is extremely serious. Please take it seriously.
* We had our first death from the virus yesterday.
* It’s possible that hundreds of nurses have come into contact with them in some way.
* There is no special treatment for this disease right now, but we have to take precautions until one is found.
* Don’t go out unless essential, stay at home.
* If young people do not isolate themselves, they can carry the virus to the elders they live with at home.
* We can slow the spread of the virus in Bodrum. I believe it.
* We can only do this by making our own rules and applying them.
* Let’s declare the curfew in Bodrum by ourselves.
Drivers and passengers of vehicles entering Burdur checked for fever
Vehicles entering Burdur via three main entrances are being stopped by teams from the Provincial Health Directorate and drivers and passengers checked for any signs of fever.
During the implementation, health of members of the highways and gendarmerie offices were also checked by health personnel and given information about the corona virus.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson tests positive for Coronavirus
Prime Minister Boris Johnson has tested positive for coronavirus.
Mr Johnson said he had developed mild symptoms over the past 24 hours, including a temperature and cough.
He is self-isolating in Downing Street but said he will “continue to lead the government’s response via video-conference as we fight this virus”.
Will warm weather really kill off Covid-19?
Some people hope that outbreaks of the new coronavirus will wane as temperatures rise, but pandemics often don’t behave in the same way as seasonal outbreaks. BBC Future looks at what we know.
Global Death Toll
The global death toll has surpassed 25,200, with 559,103 cases confirmed, according to Worldometer
Follow Fethiye Times on social media for regular updates.
Today’s featured image: “A deserted Cafe West in Göcek” by Lyn Ward