Turkey is really in demand for Summer 18, and Jet2 have added more flights and holidays as well as launching a brand new route.
Significant growth to Turkey
They announced significant growth to Turkey in Summer 18 earlier this year, and since then customer demand has been very strong. In response, they are putting an additional 70,000 seats to Antalya, Bodrum and Dalaman.
This growth includes the launch of a brand new Birmingham to Dalaman route, with two weekly flights operating out of a new base from May 2018. On top of that, they are putting on six additional weekly scheduled services to Turkey as well as extending the season from a number of bases.
When you factor in this additional capacity, Jet2 now has more than 430,000 seats on sale to Turkey, almost doubling capacity (+92%).
This gives holidaymakers even more opportunity to take advantage of the great value that Turkey offers, and by lengthening the season through the introduction of services from Easter, holidaymakers can now soak up the Turkish summer sunshine even earlier in the year.
With more 2-5 star hotels on offer than ever before through Jet2holidays, this extended and expanded programme is ideal for couples and families who want to get away through the Easter holidays, as well as golfers in search of perfect fairways in the Spring sunshine.
Increased capacity to Antalya
In Summer 18, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays’ are increasing capacity to Antalya by 115%. Additions they are making are:
- Birmingham: Twice weekly service (Tuesdays and Fridays) now starting from Easter (30th March 2018) instead of late-April
- East Midlands: Season extended by one month with weekly Thursday flights starting from 29th March 2018 instead of early-May
- Edinburgh: Season extended by one month with weekly Tuesday flights starting from Easter (3rd April 2018) instead of early-May
- Leeds Bradford: Introduction of a third weekly flight every Tuesday in addition to flights on Mondays and Thursdays.
- London Stansted: Season extended by one month with two weekly services (Monday and Thursday) starting from Easter (29th March 2018)
- Manchester: Larger aircraft on peak days and the addition of a fourth weekly service every Saturday, in addition to Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
- Newcastle: Introduction of a second weekly flight every Monday in addition to bringing forward the start of the season to 29th March 2018 instead of late-April.
Increased capacity to Dalaman
There is also a 56% capacity increase to Dalaman for Summer 18. This includes additional flights and seat which are:
- Birmingham: Launch of a brand new route, with two services every week (Monday and Friday) starting from 4th May 2018.
- Glasgow: Season extended by one month with twice-weekly flights (Tuesdays and Fridays) starting on 4th May 2018.
- Leeds Bradford: Introduction of a third weekly flight every Thursday in addition to flights on Tuesday and Fridays.
- Manchester: Introduction of a third weekly service, meaning flights on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 4th May 2018.
- Newcastle: Season extended by one month with twice-weekly flights (Mondays and Fridays) starting on 4th May 2018.
Extra service to Bodrum
On top of this, they have also added a third weekly service to Bodrum from Manchester meaning they will operate on a Tuesday, as well as on Mondays and Thursdays. In total, the capacity to Bodrum in Summer 18 is increasing by 144%.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays said: “Turkey is a fantastic destination offering British holidaymakers great value in addition to a stunning climate and rich culture. Since putting our Summer 18 programme to Turkey on sale, we have seen a huge upswing in bookings so we are delighted to be increasing our Turkish programme even more. With new routes, more flights and more great value package holidays on sale, we hope that Turkey will be one of the big success stories of our biggest ever summer programme.”
Selcuk Can, UK & Ireland Director, Turkish Culture and Information Office said: “I’m delighted to hear that demand for holidays in Turkey is increasing and that additional flights to Turkey have been scheduled. Jet2.com and Jet2holidays is one of our biggest partners in the UK. I would like to thank the Jet2 team for all their hard work and support over the years.”
The 2017 Award Cabinet
‘Best Airline – UK’ at the TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards.
‘Best Low-Cost Airline – Europe’ at the TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards.
Top ranked UK airline and only UK airline to be awarded with Which? ‘Recommended Provider’ status in its annual Airline Survey.
For further information