Portable gas heaters are convenient and clean to use but watch out for the dangers.

Portable gas heaters are convenient and clean to use but there’s a hidden danger – carbon monoxide. Many modern buildings in Turkey aren’t built with gas heating in mind. Double glazing and well fitting doors mean buildings and rooms can almost be airtight. But without the essential ventilation points built into rooms a gas fire can quickly cause problems. At best, a well serviced and properly functioning fire will burn all the oxygen in the room and just go out. At worse, it will produce the silent killer by-product of incomplete burning – carbon monoxide.

So, if you are going to use a gas fire, make sure you have a well ventilated room and definitely don’t use them in bedrooms. If necessary, get extra unobstructed ventilation put into rooms or fit carbon monoxide detectors.

Stay warm and stay safe.

LEAVE A REPLY