In this weeks round up of the local news from Fethiye, Oludeniz, Hisaronu, Kayakoy and area includes solar power on the cards, Fethiyespor resignations continue, HAYDOS animal centre treats injured fox and more.
Solar Power on the Cards
Fethiye does not have mains gas but bottled gas is still a popular fuel for cooking. As a result there is a thriving gas delivery service with trucks and scooters zipping all around the towns and villages.
One delivery company decided to go hi tech last month and introduced card machines to take payments.
However, the card machines need a fair bit of electrical power to keep them going and the company soon found they couldn’t keep them going all day without disruptive down time to recharge back at the office.
But a smart thinking delivery guy came up with a solution of fitting a solar panel to the back of his delivery scooter to keep the unit topped up with elecyticity.
The panel is mounted on a pole on the back of his scooter and the card machine plugs into a connected bracket behind the driver.
Now he can deliver, swipe and stay on the go all day long.
HAYDOS Animal Sanctuary Helping Inured Wild Animals Too
The HAYDOS Animal sanctuary was featured a few weeks ago on Fethiye Times when members of the local Oludeniz Hash Harriers helped the facility by joining together to build and refurbish dog kennels.
Last week the centre featured in the local press not because of its work with dogs but with a seriously injured fox.
The animal had been found by forestry workers working nearby and they brought to the centre.
The press concluded that the injuries had been caused a by hunter.
The animal is now undergoing a course of treatment and it is hoped will recover to be reintroduced back into the wild.
Restoration Project Update
Marina Road, Fethiye
Fethiye Kaymakam Ekren Celik visited the ongoing restoration works at the Fethiye antique theatre last week.
As well as congratulating the workers on their efforts so far he also said that once finished the project will add yet another reason for tourists to visit Fethiye.
The Kaymakam also announced that the theatre will be completed and opened at the end of summer 2014.
Fethiyespor continued their losing streak with an away defeat on Saturday 2 November (Manisaspor 5 – FethiyeSpor 1) but drew 2-2 on Wednesday at home against KaramanMarasSpor.
FethiyeSpor are now bottom of the PTT1 League with just 5 points. The score sheet for the 12 games played to date is 1 win, 2 draw and 9 lost.
Following the defeat the technical director Mustafa Ceviz resigned. The previous week Manager Ismail Öztürk quit his role following pressure from fans and directors for the team’s poor performance so far this season.
The Turkish Lira ended the week at 3.26 TL to the British Pound. Last week it was 3.19 TL.
The resignation spree in support of Fethiye Mayor Behcet Saatchi spread out of Fethiye and to another part of the county last week.
It was reported that the county party vice president has now joined the protest and resigned from the MHP political party.
Missed Out? Our stories from last week
You can read them here.
- Charity 2014 Calendars Get Your’s Soon The popular Çalış Children’s Charity 2014 calendars which only went on sale a few weeks ago are…
- Record Fundraising Year for 3C’s Charity A record breaking net amount of 87,374 TL, over 12,000 TL more than last year was raised by the 3C’s…
- What is Winter Like Around Fethiye?You can all probably guess that the summers in Fethiye are hot and sunny with little or no rain from…
- Super Quiz To Find 3c’s Quiz Champions 2013 – This Saturday The “Super Quiz” to find the 3C’s Quiz Champions of 2013 is being held at the Nil Restaurant on…
- Flying Doctor Sets His Pulse Racing in the Skies Above Oludeniz A man in a flight suit jumped from a tandem paraglider above the skies of Oludeniz last week and you…
- News Snippets Week Ending 2nd November 2013 In this weeks round up of the local news from Fethiye, Oludeniz, Hisaronu, Kayakoy and area includes…