If you thought you'd missed this year's Aspendos Festival, think again. There are four more perfomances in early September.
This year, for the very first time, the annual Aspendos International Opera & Ballet Festival has been extended to include four performances (three operas and a ballet) in early September.
Monday, 3 September – Madam Butterfly from the Chinese Peking Opera supported by Samsun State Opera.
Thursday, 6 September – Lucia de Lammermoor from Antalya State Opera.
Monday, 10 September – Swan Lake performed by the Turkish State Ballet.
Saturday, 15 September – Tannhauser from Ankara State Opera.
All performances start at 20.30 and tickets cost 60, 40 and 30TL and can be bought from a wide range of places within Antalya province or on-line from the biletix website.
For details of ticket sales points go to www.aspendosfestival.gov.tr and click on 'Bilet Satisi'.
It's in Turkish but you may be able to understand the list of places selling tickets.
As the theatre easily seats 6,000 and is never, in our experience, sold out so you can also just turn up and buy your ticket.
- 2005-07-13 - Other things to do
- 2005-08-03 - Learning Turkish
- 2008-04-17 - Fethiye Museum Closed For Major Refurbishment
- 2007-05-27 - Fethiye’s ampitheatre to undergo restoration
- 2006-11-13 - Turkey Open All Year - Winter activity ideas
- 2006-07-25 - Interview with Expat Harem Authors Part 3
- 2006-07-22 - Interview with Expat Harem Authors Part 2
- 2006-07-20 - Interview with Expat Harem Authors Part 1
- 2006-07-24 - Dalyan an alternative for paragliding?
- 2006-07-16 - Expat Harem Sweeps US
- 2006-06-19 - Oludeniz Arts Festival 22 - 25 June 2006
- 2006-06-18 - World class performances just a few hours away
- 2006-04-12 - Grup Bohem - Let Them Entertain You!
- 2006-04-09 - The Guardian's World Literature Tour Heads to Turkey
- 2005-12-14 - ‘Tales from the Expat Harem' - Book Review
- 2010-01-01 - Sunset Singers Get ready for 2010
- 2010-07-10 - Antalya – Perge
- 2011-08-18 - Top things to do on holidays in and around Fethiye
- 2012-05-13 - News snippets week ending 12th May 2012
Fethiye, news, views, holidays, hotels, beach, blue cruise, expat, property, villa, retirement, apartment, Oludeniz, Ovacik, Hisaronu, Dalaman airport, charter flights, cheap flights