A record breaking 35,400 TL has been raised by Çalış Children’s Charity during their 2011 fundraising year – and all from having a “fun” time!
Fun Events and Generous Giving
The charity was formed in September 2010 when it evolved from the former Çalış Carnival Fund Raising Committee which, in it’s 3 years existence, raised over 75,000TL to help local children.
It operates legally under the banner of the Fethiye Tourism, Promotion, Education, Culture and Environment Foundation (FETAV).
Every Lira of funds goes to children’s projects in the local Çalış /Fethiye area.
Between September 2010 and June 2011 the new 3C’s committee, as it is has become known, has organised numerous fun events including the St Valentine’s Day Massacre, Hot Gossip, Country and Western and Caribbean Nights. Tickets for all of these events sold out very quickly.
They also organised the successful Çalış Winter Darts and Pool League, the annual Christmas Market and Spring Craft Fair, Sponsored Boxing Day Splash, the annual charity Promises Auction and the popular monthly Çalış car boot sales. All of these events, as well as raising money for children, provide a social calendar for the residents of the Çalış area.
Peter Clark, Chairman of the 3C’s said:
“At the Çalış Carnival AGM last September a decision was taken to disband the old carnival committee and form two new independent committees. One committee now led by the Çalış Association for Tourism and Promotion was to be responsible for the organisation of the Carnival and the second new committee, the 3C’s, was to deal solely with fundraising.
As we have now been able to concentrate our efforts on fund raising this year we are over the moon that we have made a record breaking sum, beating last year’s total by over 7,000TL in a time when money is tight. None of this would be possible without the help and support of our hardworking committee members, our many helpers and our brilliant supporters who not only attend or host our events but donate their time, money and items for our auction, raffles and car boot stall. We cannot thank them enough.
35,400TL is a great sum to raise and it makes all the hard work and stress of the last 9 months worth every second and the money will make a significant difference to the children in the area. The final figure should even be more as we are waiting for bank interest to be added”.
The final figure down to the last lira will be published in the 3C’s annual report and statement of accounts which will be made public in mid September to coincide with their AGM.
The committee will then be looking at written applications received for assistance in order to fund projects from this years fundraising pot.
If you have a good cause you would like supported please contact FETAV (the office next to the tomb by the Fethiye Kaymakan’s building) or e-mail the 3C’s at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
2010 Funds Allocated
The 3C’s have completed the following projects from the money raised in the 2010 fundraising year.
- 10 annual bursaries for students to attend university who would otherwise be unable to afford to do so
- 18 double desks for Yusuf Izzet Gocte school
- Educational toys, hand puppets, furniture, books, whiteboards and writing materials for Seki Temel village school
- Overhead projector, books and donated computer for Kargi village school
- Overhead projector for Nif Arpacik village school
- Overhead projector for Valı Recci Gureli school
- Electric wheelchair, educational toys and donated computer and desk for Çalış Özel Saygun Education and Rehabilitation Centre
- Table Football machine, floor cushions, board games and framed pictures for the children at a local woman’s refuge
- Overhead projector, air con units and ceramic floor tiling for the nursery classroom at Golbent Village School
- Musical instruments and books for Oludeniz School
- Wheelchair for young girl with brittle bone disease
- Nebuliser for young baby with hydrocephalus
- Battery for a handicapped teenager’s electric wheelchair
- Recently members of the committee were presented with a commemorative plaque by FETAV to thank them for the work the 3C’s are doing to help local children.
Well Earned Break
Although the 3C’s Committee are taking a short break from fundraising during the hot summer months, they are still working behind the scenes so if you would like to donate anything for school projects, raffles, tombola prizes or unwanted goods for the car boot sales which will start again in September, or can help in any other way, please ring 0536 3739520 or e-mail email@example.com.