Environment Week will be marked in Fethiye over the next seven days with a variety of activities including a clean up campaign in Çalış; several give-aways of items made from recycled material; and exhibitions – even a fashion show.
We are only highlighting the events that can equally be enjoyed by Turks and non-Turks.
As well as the items on our list there are discussions and presentations which will be purely in Turkish.
If you go to any event listed below, you can pick up the full programme and may decide to attend events we haven’t listed.
Sunday 5th June
• 13.00 Clean up campaign at Çalış Bird Sanctuary.
Monday 6th June
• 13.00 Cultural Centre – Fashion Show with all garments made from recycled materials.
Tuesday 7th June
• 10.00 Tuesday Market – they’ll be giving away free aprons, pens and possibly other items all made from recycled materials. You can also get a free plastic container in which to save your used vegetable oils, with instructions on how you can recycle the oil when the container is full.
• 13.00 Cultural Centre – exhibition of items created by school children using recycled materials. From 13.00 – 14.00 the objects on displayed will be judged and there will be an awards presentation at 14.00.
• Also in the Cultural Centre, and open 13.00 – 14.30, there will be an exhibition of photographs of places of natural beauty in the Çalış area.
After Tuesday the events are all discussion panels/seminars which will be conducted in Turkish.