Do you’re favourite songs include nearly everything from Phantom? Do your eyes fill will tears when you hear ‘Somewhere’, from Westside Story? Maybe you fancy a bit of Bizet’s Carmen or that wonderful old Mary Hopkin classic to liven up your Saturday night, and what about that supremely romantic duet, Time to Say Goodbye? Isn’t it the best song you ever, ever heard?
If you want to listen to these songs and more being sung by some of Turkey’s finest singers you had better make sure you’ll be in Fethiye this month.
An evening of musical delights
For, on Saturday 22nd August there will be some pretty wonderful sounds floating up into Fethiye’s warm night air. This time a wonderfully gifted bunch of singers called ‘Su Voices’ will be performing on the waterfront by the Fisherman’s Wharf. It looks like it will be a sell out, so get down to FETAV and buy your tickets fast.
Since 2003, the 19-strong group of singers has been delighting audiences in Turkey and abroad with their huge repertoire including opera, famous songs from some of the most popular musicals and choral arrangements. The choir has performed both in Turkey and abroad and has won many awards.
A taste of what’s in store
Also, it is a privilege for Fethiye to welcome Esra Arslantürk, a soprano soloist from the State Opera and Ballet. Here you can listen to her singing Sade’s hit, Smooth Operator, to get a taste of what’s in store.
Earlier this year at the International Fethiye Festival “FETAV Children’s Choir” held its public debut. It will be a pleasure to hear them again. One of the most challenging songs of the evening from them will be a chorus from Bizet’s Carmen, the Street Children’s Choir.
What is FETAV?
FETAV is a local organization and the only official framework under which fund raising is permitted.
Without FETAV all Fethiye’s charities and many arts events would cease to exist.
They welcome you to this unique concert Fethiye and hope that you will support this evening’s entertainment.
– G. Bizet – Carmen, Habanera
– G. Bizet – Carmen, Toreador
– G. Bizet – Carmen, Street Children’s Choir
– G. Verdi – La Traviata, Brindisi
– Promenade & Alaturka – Atay Ergezen Düzenleme
– Frederic Loewe – My Fair Lady, I could have danced all night
– Moscow Nights – An old Russian melody
– F. Lehar – The Merry Widow, Lippen Schweigen [Silent Lips]
– Şehnaz ve Nihavent Longalar – adapted by Atay Ergezen
– Seninle Bir Dakika – the first-ever Turkish Eurovision entry 
– Carlos Eleta Almarán – Historia De un Amor [A History of Love]
– Luigi Denza/Peppino Turco – Funiculì, Funiculà – a famous Neapolitan song
– Atay Ergezen – his version of ‘007 James Bond’
– Mauro Mengali – Vivo Per lei
– Riccardo Cocciante/Luc Plamondon – Notre dame de paris, Belle
– Albinoni – Adagio
– Leonard Bernstein/Stephen Sondheim – Westside Story – Somewhere
– Boris Fomin – Those were the days
– Francesco Sartori/Lucio Quarantotto – Con te partirò [Time to say goodbye]
– Jean-Patrick Capdevielle – Spente le Stelle [Emma Shaplin]
– Phantom Of the Opera – Duet, All I ask of You
– Carl Orff – Carmina Burana – O Fortuna
– Memleketim (Everybody will join in – it’s a much loved Turkish song)
Where, when and how much
Venue: The waterfront promenade, Fisherman’s Wharf, Exhibition area, between 816 and 812 street.
Time and date: 22.08.2015, 21:00
Tickets: 20, 25 and 30 TL
Tickets are on sale at FETAV (09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday)