We have written about TransferWithMe.com before, and were delighted when the site was positively reviewed by the BBC a few years ago. If you don’t already know, TransferWithMe is a free website that helps travellers link up, for the purpose of sharing an airport transfer. It is aimed at every kind of independent traveller who would like to use an airport transfer, ranging from student back-packers to retired couples.
Three quick and easy steps
The website’s simple design makes it easy to use. All you have to do is:
- Register your personal details. *
- Enter your journey details. They tell you instantly if there is a match.
- Use their secure messaging system to communicate with the other traveller, to agree the transfer share details
* Note that the website doesn’t ask for any personal information such as your address, phone number or bank card details.
What are the key benefits?
- Saving money, by sharing the cost of a transfer. Sometimes, airport transfers can cost more than the flight itself!
- Safe and secure. Better than a travel forum, the secure (https) web site maintains your privacy, by not disclosing your movements to the world on the internet. Sharing your travel plans in such a public way, is not a good idea. We live in an age where cyber criminals scour the internet, looking to exploit personal details. It’s better not to tell perfect strangers when your home is going to be vacant, and what your movements will be, between certain dates.
- It is eco-friendly. Reduced vehicle journeys, mean reduced exhaust emissions. Example: we calculate that just 40 shared journeys between Dalaman airport and tourist resorts like Fethiye, Göcek, Kalkan, Kaş and Marmaris can save up to as much as a tonne of harmful emissions.
- The chance to meet new friends – like-minded, independent travellers.
- Simplicity. The TransferWithMe.com web site takes the hard work out of finding someone to share with, telling you instantly if there is a match. Even if you don’t get an instant match, if another traveller subsequently enters details that do give you a match, they email you immediately.
- It’s completely free to use.
- At the moment the majority of users are those coming to Dalaman Airport but there is no reason why eventually the website cannot become global.
Find out more
That’s about it, in a nutshell. To find out more, please visit the website and Take a Tour.
Over the last few years Transfer With Me has been operating successfully in the Kalkan/Kaş area of Turkey with hundreds of matches achieved, and there is no reason why it can’t work in other locations too.
Who is behind this website?
This website is part of the Fedweb Group, an independent UK based business, with a track record of innovative web design – including the Kalkan Turkish Local News web site.
Find out more about Fedweb – take a look at the website.