Nearly 12,000 TL was raised at the first part of the 3C’s annual Promises Auction held earlier this month – and with Part 2 still to come the children’s charity is well on its way to equalling last year’s record total.
Over 90 auction lots went under the hammer on 3rd June, including a fridge freezer, designer sunglasses, original paintings and restaurant meals but the star item on the night, which set off a furious bidding war was a genuine ostrich leather Tiffany clutch bag that finally went for a staggering 1000 TL!
Promises Auction: part 2
This will be held next month on Thursday 9 July and it promises to be an equally great night.
Amongst the promises up for grabs at this auction, which will take place on Çalış promenade outside the Nil and Bambu restaurants, are some wonderful treats and objects.
- An all inclusive day pass to Majesty Club Tuana Hotel in Yaniklar
- Overnight B & B accommodation in the honeymoon roof top suite at the Delta Hotel in Çalış
- Dental packages of a tooth implant and home whitening courtesy of Holident, Fethiye
- Meals at many local restaurants, including:
- a three course meal with a bottle of wine at Yengec, Yes Marina, Fethiye
- BBQ tickets for two people at party night at istanbul Restaurant Kayaköy, including pick up
- Three course meal for two people at The Deck restaurant, Monte Verde hotel, Ovacik
- Original designer jewellery
- Watches, bags, sunglasses and clothing
- Fabia ladies Wristwatch, courtesy of Belin Jewellery
- A genuine Leboutin clutch bag
- Sarah Coventry collection Vintage brooch and earings – very collectable
- Day trips
- Original paintings – including an original framed acrylic painting “The Gate at the Old Bazaar” by artist Barrie Gray
- The end of an Era – box canvas print of Calis canal [as it was] by talented local artist Carol Bostan
- Vouchers for local shops
- Author signed books
- Household goods and expat goodies including a mountain of English chocolate and sweets
- Olde English Sweets Shoppe
- “Tiffon Time” Tea and Biscuits
With close on a 100 lots there is something for everyone. Please make a note of the date in your diary and come along, have fun and help support the 3C’s charity.
How your money helps
So far this year the 3C’s has funded projects for several local schools; provided 15 bursaries to enable poor students to attend university and has purchased school uniforms for lots of children for families on the breadline.
They are also supporting a local school for disabled children, the English learning Centre that provides free lessons for youngsters in the Günlükbası/Catalarik area of town and the Love Homes project that provides foster homes for orphans and children whose family are unable to care for them.
Helping hearing impaired youngsters
This year the charity is particularly concentrating on helping individual youngsters and has already funded several specialist hearing aids and implants for profoundly deaf children. As each aid/ implant costs the charity around 6,000 TL, 3Cs is hoping that the auction will be as successful as last year in order to help more deaf children.