Getting your Turkish address right will ensure you receive post, deliveries and more. But how do Turkish addresses work?
Turkish addresses work in a slightly different way to those in the UK. The first line of the address is the area, followed by the street number etc, etc
The proper form is shown below:
|Beyaz Apt No 2|
Floor number then apartment number
|Kat 2 D 3|
Don't forget your name goes at the beginning of course.
If you have a post office box then writing P.K followed by the number of your box and post code will suffice. E.g. PK 1,200, Fethiye, 48300, Mugla, Turkiye
If you live in another area ask at the post office for your post code.
Note your property must be registered with the post office before post can be delivered to it. If you live in a new property contact the post office for more information.
- 2007-01-23 - Temporary Import of Your UK/EU Vehicle to Turkey - Update
- 2007-01-03 - Turkish Traffic Fines 2007
- 2006-06-27 - Be Sure to Carry Your Driver's Licence When Driving
- 2006-12-15 - Vehicle Documentation
- 2005-07-01 - Disabled Driver Importing a Vehicle
- 2005-07-01 - Importing a Vehicle
- 2005-07-01 - Motor Insurance
- 2005-09-26 - Buying and Selling Motors
- 2006-09-27 - Back to school in Turkey
- 2006-04-13 - Kids Education Generally
- 2005-05-02 - Private Schools
- 2005-05-02 - State Education
- 2007-06-16 - Goodbye to Legal Q&A
- 2008-03-20 - How’s Your Turkish Language - Test Yourself
- 2008-03-09 - Making mistakes in Turkish
- 2008-01-18 - Teach Yourself Turkish with your Computer
- 2008-01-21 - Turkish language – full of useful phrases – Part Two
- 2008-01-19 - Turkish language – full of useful phrases – Part One
- 2008-05-15 - Mosquito Bites
- 2008-04-25 - Cure for Hiccups
- 2008-07-12 - How to Become a Turkish Citizen
- 2008-05-26 - Will the Last Person Turn the Lights Off Please
- 2006-01-21 - Things NOT to Do in Turkey
- 2008-09-12 - Turkish Driving Laws & Fines – Do you know them?
- 2008-05-27 - Driving Licence – More Considerations
- 2008-05-19 - Confused over Turkish driving licence regulations? We clear the air
- 2008-02-28 - Police Crack Down on Drink Drivers
- 2008-02-18 - Exhaust Emissions Test Rolls Round Again
- 2007-10-03 - Need someone to fix/maintain your vehicle?
- 2007-02-25 - Foreign Car in Turkey – Returning To Turkey after a temporary stay
- 2007-02-19 - The Joy of Exhaust Emissions Testing
- 2007-02-10 - Foreign Car Temporary Visa – What to do if you need to leave Turkey without the car
- 2007-02-02 - Vehicle Visa - Thanks Fethiye Times!
- 2008-07-21 - Settled foreigners in Turkey – Part 6
- 2008-07-18 - Settled foreigners in Turkey – Part 5
- 2008-07-08 - Settled foreigners in Turkey – Part 2
- 2008-07-15 - Settled foreigners in Turkey – Part 3
- 2008-04-08 - On Line Support for Ex Pat Women
- 2008-04-09 - More on Turkish surnames
- 2007-10-26 - The Dog Dazer
- 2007-12-12 - Backhanders, Bribes and Bungs
- 2008-01-04 - Turkish Public Holidays 2008
- 2006-05-24 - Research into foreign residents – want to take part?
- 2006-05-23 - What Do You Love Most About Turkey?
- 2008-04-16 - No such thing as a stray chicken!
- 2008-05-04 - Ovacik Residents Get Organised
- 2006-05-08 - New Poll to Find Out Why You Love Turkey
- 2008-03-28 - Retiring To Turkey - Tips and Information
- 2008-07-06 - Settled foreigners in Turkey – Part 1
- 2005-07-13 - Consumer Rights
- 2008-03-19 - It Pays to Check Your Supermarket Receipts
- 2008-03-11 - New Carrefour Supermarket Opens in Fethiye
- 2007-08-10 - Knock-on effects of power cuts
- 2008-01-06 - Will Lower Tax on Food Really Come Through to Local Consumers?
- 2007-06-06 - Alcoholics Anonymous Group in Fethiye
- 2005-07-11 - Animal Bites
- 2005-07-13 - Driving to Fethiye
- 2008-08-26 - Turkey May Change Time Zones
- 2008-08-14 - Settled foreigners in Turkey – Part 9
- 2008-08-08 - Settled foreigners in Turkey – Part 8
- 2008-07-24 - Settled foreigners in Turkey – Part 7
- 2008-07-17 - Settled foreigners in Turkey – Part 4
- 2007-01-27 - Turkish Surnames - What Do They Mean?
- 2007-01-25 - Settled Foreigners' Survey
- 2007-01-04 - OVACIK RESIDENTS' ASSOCIATION (ORA)
- 2006-11-29 - Older British Women with Younger Turkish Men - an explosive combination?
- 2006-10-21 - Against the odds
- 2006-11-07 - Money Mutterings – Haggling and Reverse Psychology
- 2006-10-14 - The Illusion of High Turkish Interest Rates.
- 2006-10-01 - Interest Rates on Hold Again
- 2006-09-26 - Are You On The Turkish Rich List?
- 2006-09-16 - Bank notes to be changed from 1 January 2009.
- 2006-08-31 - Changes to the Turkish Tax Number System
- 2006-08-25 - Interest Rates on Hold
- 2006-08-06 - Interest Rate Rise Expected Again
- 2006-07-30 - Finans Bank – Internet Banking Now in English
- 2006-07-22 - Turkish Central Bank Increases Interest Rates Again
- 2006-06-26 - Interest Rates Increased to Stop Slide in the Lira
- 2006-06-08 - Turkish Interest Rate Increased
- 2006-05-25 - Stronger Pound But Will It Save You Money?
- 2006-05-22 - British Pound Breaks 2.90 YTL
- 2006-05-02 - Central Bank Cuts Interest Rates
- 2006-04-19 - Turkeys Inflation Target Set at 5%
- 2006-04-17 - Turkish Lira Weakens
- 2006-04-08 - Kalimera Finans Bank
- 2007-08-07 - UK Credit Card Protection Extended
- 2006-03-13 - Finans Internet Banking - Access Problems
- 2005-07-11 - Income Tax
- 2005-12-13 - The Change Over to the New Turkish Lira YTL is Almost Complete
- 2005-07-11 - Savings
- 2005-07-11 - Exchange Rate Effect
- 2005-07-11 - Accessing Your Money
- 2008-07-21 - Tick Claims 40 In Turkey
- 2007-06-27 - The Heat is On!
- 2008-02-17 - Med diet - live longer!
- 2006-08-15 - Have you had to pay for NHS healthcare?
- 2006-08-11 - Medical Insurance For Turkish Expats
- 2006-01-25 - Don't Stay Away Because of Bird Flu
- 2006-01-12 - A Great Reason to Smile - Dental Treatment in Fethiye
- 2005-07-11 - Introduction
- 2005-07-11 - Health Insurance
- 2008-04-04 - Pharmacies
- 2006-12-11 - Money Mutterings – Spare Any Change?
- 2006-11-28 - Money Mutterings – Keeping Warm for Less
- 2006-11-26 - Interest Rates on Hold Again
- 2006-11-23 - Money Mutterings – Cheap ‘n’ Risky
- 2006-11-19 - New Income Tax System
- 2006-11-16 - VAT Refunds for Working People to End
- 2006-11-14 - Money Mutterings – Financial Comparisons on the Web
- 2006-11-08 - Tax Dodgers Beware!
- 2009-07-03 - Signed, Sealed and Scanned
- 2009-02-25 - Postal Backlog Ovacik/Hisaronu Causes Hardship
- 2008-01-15 - Tuzla Post Ready for Collection
- 2008-01-03 - Postal Problems Continue
- 2007-11-25 - Post Backlog Reaches Alarming Level
- 2005-11-27 - Fethiye Post Office Closure only Temporary
- 2005-07-11 - Postal Delivery
- 2005-07-11 - Sending Post
- 2008-04-11 - Renting a post box
- 2008-10-18 - Telephone E-Billing = Free Calls
- 2008-08-20 - Turkish Phone Bills and Internet up 5%
- 2008-06-11 - The World Telephone Directory
- 2007-07-27 - Turk Telekom Forced To Change Prices
- 2007-07-04 - Turkish Telephone Bills Changes on Hold
- 2007-01-16 - Turk Telekom Announces New Telephone Pricing For 2007
- 2006-11-27 - Cheaper Phone Calls?
- 2006-11-18 - Limit on Mobile Phones Brought in as Gifts
- 2006-10-24 - Mobile Phone Bargain
- 2006-09-19 - World's Most Expensive Phone Calls
- 2006-09-08 - UK Mobile Phone Use in Turkey - Updated Guide
- 2006-07-26 - Turk Telekom Cuts the Cost of Calls To Mobiles
- 2006-01-31 - Unregistered Mobile Phones Turned Off Today
- 2005-11-19 - The Big Mobile Phone Switch Off Postponed
- 2005-11-03 - Unregistered mobiles to be shut down
- 2005-07-11 - Phone Calls Via the Internet
- 2005-07-11 - Making Calls from Call Shops
- 2006-01-31 - Mobile Phones
- 2005-07-11 - Residential Phone
- 2008-08-04 - Working In Turkey – Is Freelancing an option?
- 2007-05-17 - Working in Turkey
- 2007-04-17 - No Work Permit - No Job!
- 2006-11-13 - Government Plans to Crack Down on Illegal Employment
- 2008-07-31 - Working - Its not impossible - but it isn't easy
- 2005-08-12 - Wills, Death and Inheritance in Turkey
- 2008-08-17 - Turkish village weddings – 2
- 2008-08-16 - Turkish village weddings – Part 1
- 2008-04-18 - Are you a British woman in a relationship with a Turkish man?
- 2008-04-02 - Getting married in Turkey – Part 3
- 2008-03-31 - Getting married in Turkey – Part 2
- 2008-03-29 - Getting married in Turkey – Part 1
- 2006-12-16 - Wedding day blues
- 2006-08-04 - Marriage in Turkey for UK Citizens
- 2006-04-26 - Marriage
- 2007-12-17 - Byram Preparations Begin
- 2007-04-04 - Tansas Card - How Does It Work?
- 2007-03-26 - New Place White Goods – Researching On-Line
- 2006-06-23 - Turkish Lira – Just How Low Will It Go?
- 2007-02-03 - Need wood for your fire or stove?
- 2007-02-21 - Market Heaven
- 2008-04-10 - The Phrase That Pays
- 2005-05-01 - Shopping Introduction
- 2005-05-01 - VAT and Tax Back
- 2005-05-01 - Supermarkets
- 2005-05-01 - Haggling and Prices
- 2005-05-01 - Consumer Rights
- 2005-05-01 - The Shopping Commandments
- 2005-05-01 - Conversion Tables
- 2009-02-06 - People on the money – 5TL
- 2008-10-06 - Is this the start of the Turkish Economic Crunch?
- 2008-10-04 - New Turkish Bank Notes on Display
- 2008-08-29 - Pound in Freefall Against Turkish Lira
- 2008-08-05 - British Pound now buys less than 2 YTL!
- 2008-06-18 - UK Banking Small Print Hides New Liability for Customers
- 2008-03-10 - Weakening Lira Good
- 2008-01-24 - Strange Times - The Up’s and Down’s of the YTL
- 2007-12-28 - New Year Price Rises May Bite Hard
- 2007-12-15 - Is Turkey Missing a Trick?
- 2007-11-28 - Bank Rate Cut Hits Savers Again
- 2007-09-16 - Turkish Central Bank Drops Interest Rates
- 2007-08-30 - Know Your Tax Position – Presentation and Q&A Session
- 2007-08-29 - Know Your Tax Position - Meeting Today
- 2007-08-22 - Want to know more about paying tax in Turkey?
- 2007-07-30 - Lira on The Slide
- 2007-06-19 - New EU cash declaration rules commence 15 June
- 2007-06-18 - Tax Amnesty Deadline Looms
- 2007-05-01 - New Way to Pay Household Bills
- 2007-04-28 - New £20 Banknote
- 2007-01-19 - Interest Rates on Hold Again
- 2007-10-15 - Security Services Give Sound Advice
- 2007-06-11 - Chair & Secretary of Ovacik Residents Meet with Mayor
- 2008-07-13 - Council Recognises the Growing Need for Foreign Funerals
- 2005-07-11 - Care for the Elderly
- 2008-09-23 - Electricity prices up again
- 2008-07-01 - Electricity Prices Up Again - 40% in 5 Months
- 2007-11-05 - Tax Hike on Fuel and Tobacco
- 2007-09-29 - The Price of a Loaf Goes Up
- 2007-05-24 - Turkish Electricity Price Rise A Step Closer
- 2006-11-09 - Electricity Prices Set to Rise
- 2006-09-26 - Turkish electric going private
- 2006-08-31 - Gas bargains in Marmaris
- 2006-09-01 - More power price hikes coming
- 2006-07-31 - Is Turkey Getting More Expensive?
- 2006-07-23 - Fresh Fish without the Hassle
- 2008-04-27 - Fethiye takes a stand on climate change
- 2007-09-03 - The benign bureaucracy of the su birlik
- 2007-05-26 - Ankara Imposes Water Bans
- 2006-12-19 - Drinking Water
- 2008-07-18 - Quaking Continues
- 2008-07-16 - Yesterday's Earthquake Claims One Life
- 2008-07-15 - Fethiye Shaken Awake this Morning
- 2007-12-02 - Cameli Fault Strikes Again
- 2007-11-16 - Mother Earth Grumbles Again
- 2012-06-11 - Get Prepared for the Next Big Earthquake Now!
- 2007-10-30 - Big Quake Shakes SW Turkey
- 2006-09-17 - Text message for earthquakes
- 2005-07-11 - Earthquake Guidance
- 2005-07-11 - Emergency Telephone Numbers
- 2008-02-24 - ADSL Help in English
- 2006-07-20 - Turk Telekom to Increase ADSL to 1Mb
- 2005-11-01 - ADSL line speeds double from Today
- 2005-07-11 - Getting On-Line
- 2008-09-30 - Amazing Ramazan Pictures
- 2007-09-28 - Traditional Ramazan Entertainment in Fethiye
- 2007-09-20 - Ramazan – Is The Fast Good For Health?
- 2007-04-23 - Cocuk Bayrami
- 2007-12-11 - Kurban Bayram - The Festival of the Sacrifice
- 2005-07-11 - Festivals and Holidays
- 2008-02-23 - Cockroaches
- 2005-07-11 - Mosquitoes
- 2005-07-11 - Street Dogs and Cats
- 2008-01-29 - Good Home Required
- 2008-01-04 - Fethiye Dog Poisoning Mystery
- 2007-11-18 - Brits Rescue Donkey
- 2007-11-17 - Monkey Puzzle
- 2007-01-23 - Dog Thieves Strike In Fethiye
- 2006-10-06 - Fethiye's felines
- 2006-10-04 - Not Only Dogs and Cats But Now Birds Too
- 2006-10-01 - Fethiye Friends of Animals Association Update - Veterinary Activities
- 2006-09-05 - Marmaris Dogs Home - give a dog a home!
- 2006-07-21 - Government Remind Provinces of the Animal Protection Law
- 2005-07-11 - Introduction
- 2005-07-11 - Animal Protection Law
- 2006-04-30 - Get Smart for Summer - Credit/Debit Card Payments
- 2009-12-15 - Get Sorted this January
- 2010-03-28 - The Mystery Of The Disappearing Post
Fethiye, news, views, holidays, hotels, beach, blue cruise, expat, property, villa, retirement, apartment, Oludeniz, Ovacik, Hisaronu, Dalaman airport, charter flights, cheap flights