Are you a pet owner? Do you know your reponsibilities to your pets under Turkish Law? If not read on.
PET OWNERS RESPONSIBILITIES IN TURKEY
1. Pet owners have to register their dogs with the municipality.
2. To prevent uncontrolled births, the animals have to be neutered.
3. Outside of private premises, dog owners must collect the faeces left by their dog so please Scoop the Poop!
4. Dog barking must be controlled so as not to disturb neighbours.
5 Dogs must be kept on a leash in public places.
6. Dogs must not be allowed to roam, whether by day or night.
7. Every animal must be under veterinary control for health reasons.
NEUTERING IS THE ONLY HUMANE WAY TO PREVENT UNCONTROLLED POPULATION
According to the Animal Protection Law number 5199 failure to observe the above regulations will result in penalties by the local authorities.