In Fethiye there is nearly always something to do for and with the various local charities
and the same applies in Üzümlü too.
Here is an update of what Üzümlü Ladies’ did last year and the events they have planned for this year.
Üzümlü Ladies donation update
Following a very successful round of events during 2014 Uzumlu Ladies Group are pleased to confirm their funding projects for the Üzümlü community and schools.
Uzumlu Ladies would like to thank everyone who helped during 2014 – the generous contributions from sponsors, individuals and participants in their events.
Their events included: Uzumlu Mushroom Festival, Hawaiian Party Night, Quiz Nights, Auctions, Book and DVD sales and the Ice Bucket Challenge.
These raised a fabulous amount of money giving Uzumlu Ladies the opportunity to help many within their community, including provision of the following:
- New computers, furnishings for the new school building plus sports and play equipment for Arpacik-Nif School
- The purchase and installation of 10 sobas to heat all classrooms in Arpacik-Nif School
- Provision of a new security system for Üzümlü Village School
- Transporting children to the Children’s Festival in 2014
- A selection of gifts for Children’s Day 2014
- Funding an especially adapted tricycle for a young man from the Fethiye area who until now has never been able to walk or, in fact, sit up unaided.
(However, following recent surgery he now shows positive signs of being able to do both.)
- A large donation to the Thalassemia Clinic in the Fethiye State Hospital
- A donation of funds to help Fethiye Amatuer Boxing Club
- Provision of assorted goods and funding for the Soma Disaster and Bursary Appeal
We are sure you will agree that this is a brilliant achievement for 2014.
What’s planned for 2015
During 2015 they aim to help more people in their community and will be holding events throughout
the year including monthly Quiz Nights in Uzumlu, Curry-Oke Fun Night and a Summer Spectacular.
Uzumlu Ladies thank all those who have made their 2014 projects a resounding success and look forward to the continued support of our community
For more information please contact Lisa J Pegg at: uzumluladiesgroup.co.uk