Don’t be misled by the title – this cake comes out like a Victoria sponge and is a doddle to make.
All ingredients are measured in measuring jug (no messy weighing).
- 525ml flour
- 350ml white sugar
- 175ml oil (we use sunflower)
- 175ml yoghurt
- 3 eggs
- 1 x 10ml sachet of baking powder
How to Make
1. Put all ingredients into bowl (sift flour and baking powder).
2. Mix using electric thingie for 3 minutes until you have a smooth batter.
3. Pour into spring-based cake tin which you have greased and lined.
4. Bake at 160C for 1 hour – or until it is done – check with a skewer, if it comes out sticky, leave it a while longer.
Trust us the resulting cake is light, tasty and can be split and then sandwiched with jam and/or kaymak (Turkish clotted cream) in the middle for a true British sponge cake experience.